CarmenNotes

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Tubes out!

All 6 tubes are finally out of me. Yay God! So that means I got to actually sip some soup this moorning. The down side of 'no tubes' means more pain. The reason is because the epidural tube was numbing the lower part of my body, and I didn't feel as nauseated as I do now. Benjamin Franklin always believed the words, "No Pain No Gain". In this situation, that is definitly true.
Stanford hospital offers a wonderful service that has musicians to play for you, You just put yourself on this list, and they will send a musician to your room every day. Yesterday a wonderful harpist performed for me, and today a mellow guitarist. You can also request what kinds of music you like also. It is something I've been wanting to develop through my company, Music Minus Meds.

4 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger sylvia said...

Yeah Carmen!Out with the tubes in with music! Wow how wonderful to get strolling musicians coming to your room! I bet you will be out there with them playing your harp soon.
You are such an inspiration Carmen; we love you!
aloha, Sylvia

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aloha Buhn,

Right now I’m at work listening to "Classical Moods" and "Harp 2K." The beautiful music on these CDs reminds me of when I lived with you guys in Topanga in 80/81 and I'd wake up to you playing the harp in the living room. Was that great or what?

I've been keeping up with your Blog; it sounds like your health is greatly improved. I’m so glad that you’re feeling better, you and Stanford rock. Please know that our caring thoughts, prayers, and heartfelt wishes surround you.

Much love,

Vicki Sacksteder

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger the dragon said...

Okay Carm,

Soon you'll be outharping them. Love, Toni

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger the dragon said...

Okay Carm,
Soon you'll be outharping them. Love, Toni

 

Post a Comment

<< Home