CarmenNotes

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bad News

March 21, 2010
Today is the first day of spring and is supposed to be happy but it is a sad day for me. Three days ago, I had severe pains in my abdomen. It felt like I was in labor; sharp, shooting, pains coming in intervals. Then I couldn't go to the bathroom, I was completely plugged up. I called my doctor, and he said to go straight to ER. I found out from the CT scan that I had a bowel obstrucsion... the dreaded words that I did not want to hear. The scan found a tumor in my colon which was blocking my bowels and many tumors in my stomach. I haven't had any food or water now for almost 4 days and am on a constant IV drip with morphine and other good stuff to keep my hydrated. Tomorrow (Mon.) I will find out if I'm going to have surgery or just let nature take it's course, which means I would starve to death. I'm now at the point in my cancer journey to completely surrender to God's will whatever that means. I am in a really good hospital: Domincan in Santa Cruz room 2109, if you would like to send a card.
Blessings
Carmen

5 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lovin you...call you today.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Stay strong....You have the will and attitude to fight this, and you will.....love you.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love you Carmen! We will be here for you!!! XO, Jen

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Dear Carmen,

I found your blog several months back when I was researching cancer and alternative treatments for myself. I come by every so often to read your blogs because you always stay so positive and you never lose your faith. I am sorry to hear of what is happening now and can only think positive and add a prayer for you.

Krissy

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger leslie Hayes said...

Hi Carmen, I am Leslie Graves Hayes, Lynn's sister. I live in Aptos too and just want you to know that us "old school" Malibuites are a close knit loyal family. If there is anything I can do for you, bring to you, help in any way, just let me know. I have an extra bedroom so if you or any of your friends or family want to come and stay during this time for you, they all are welcome here. I am retired so I am around and can help in any way I can. Just give me a call. My home phone is 831 688-2003 and my cell is 831 246-0773. I am here if and when you need anything. God's healing Blessings!! Leslie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home