CarmenNotes

Monday, March 29, 2010

Mon. 2.29

Today is my son's bday, and boy am I glad I was the one who gave birth to this wonderful man..... my baby whose diapers I changed and who's now changing mine!
Yesterday's surgery was a success (they're telling me), even though I don't feel so great. They took out a tumor the size of a yam wrapped around my colon, and now all the bloating is gone. Today I will have a blood transfusion because of severe anemia, and I will get up and walk to the bathroom.
Tomorrow my good friend, Kris, will drive up to be with me for a couple of days. My angel daughter, Kelly left today so it's been a little bit of 'empty nest'. Kris worked at hospice for many years and has been a great helper to me through previous surgeries (I've battled the disease for 12 years now). She's going be bring some fun games...she always knows how to have fun. I'm still in room F=321-B, phone: 650 498-3832. Better to send me a card than call, as my throat hurts a lot from the feeding tube.....I haven't had anything to eat now for 11 days....I wonder what my first meal will be: Sushi, spaghetti, chocolate cream pie, or just plain chocolate!!!!
Thanks for everyone's prayers and a big ALOHA to all.
Stanford Address:
300 Pasteur dr.
Stanford Medical Center room
F321B
Stanford, CA 94305

6 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Bruddah Bill said...

We KNEW the surgery would go well. All that prayer just has to have worked!!

Can't wait for your return, as you are sorely missed - and YOU are missing so much wonderful mele.

Love you Carmen. See you soon,
Bill

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger sylvia said...

Hurrah Carmen! We are so happy to hear that the surgery was successful. I can't believe you're up writing your blog and will be trucking around today. It is wonderful news.
We love you Carmen! Now just get well and get yourself over here to the big Island ASAP!
Aloha, Sylvia

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger the dragon said...

Yay Carm,

I knew you'd make it. I think of you every day. Speedy recovery. This planet needs you. Love, Toni

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Cris said...

There are lots of angels in the my life, but none play the harp like you do. Hang in there!
Big Hugs,
CRIS

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Karalyn_schultz said...

Carmen, I have just gotten the news. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. God will give us the strength we need to overcome the challenges and adversities that we are faced with. I will continue to pray for you.

Love,

Karalyn

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger jec said...

Sweetest wishes going out to you at daybreak -- over Kailua's hills, across its glassy bay, beneath the open Pacific's puffy clouds, right to YOU !!

Take the best care, WonderWoman !

aloha no, jec

 

Post a Comment

<< Home