CarmenNotes

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

1-17-48 to 7-11-10

Dear Friends of Carmen,
My mother passed away on July 11 from the complications of cancer. There is so much to share. What I need to share is how honored I am to know my mother was loved by so many. Thank you for all of the support. She is now free from suffering and I know she is in a better place. She can now play her music forever, swim in the sea, and walk the beaches without every getting tired. She shared that my grandfather (her deceased father) had come to visit her just days before her passing. She told me that he was having a party for her at the beach house. She was so happy to share this. She also thought we should take a train to Starbucks to get a latte. Well, her last day and one of the last things she requested was a Starbucks green tea latte. I want to appreciate Elizabeth who was with my mom during her final moments. Thank you Elizabeth, it means more to me than anyone will know that my mother was not alone during that time. I want to thank Leni and Gilbert who took care of my mom at the home. They both took care of each and every need my mother had no matter what time of day or night. Thank you Leni and Gilbert. Thank you Arthur for having such a wonderful home where my mom felt peace and comfort knowing she was taken care of. Love and prayers to each and every one who had a special place in their heart for mom. I love you mom, say hello to grandpa from me.

Kelly

Services for Carmen will be on July 17 at 10:00 a.m at Our Lady of Malibu Church, Malibu, CA. A reception will follow at 22000 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu. We are having a potluck please contact Kris Larronde at 310-968-5293 or Robin Zimmerman at 310-488-2735 if you can contribute. Also, in lieu of flowers we are asking if donations can be made to Our Lady of Malibu Church in honor of Carmen Dragon.

Some of you have asked for my address which is: Kelly Arbaut, 29801 S. Lower Valley Rd. Tehachapi CA 93561. You can also send correspondents to Quincy Carroll at the same address.

6 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you once again Kelly for your updates.
We love you for thinking of us and including us all.
Every time I pass the beach house I will be thinking of all the wonderful memories we had as kids there.
I love you my beautiful friend.
I love you Kelly (my God daughter).
I must start being a better one.
Trisha

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger kahusteve said...

Our prayers and thoughts of aloha are with all of you. We rejoice that Carmen no longer is suffering and we weep with those who weep in their loss and grief. Our church (North Shore Christian Church, Kauai) would like to send leis for the service. What is the best address to send them? You can contact me at kahu@nscchurch.com.

Aloha ke Akua, Kahu Steve Thompson

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so saddened to hear of your mom's passing. Cancer is such an ugly beast to take such a sweet soul as hers. I am glad to hear that her father came for her as I do believe that our loved ones know when it's time and come back to show us the way.

My prayers to all of you,

Patty Speirs

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Mary Deal said...

I didn't know any of the people who also know Carmen. I just met her one day at Border's a few years ago and she was so sweet to exchange her CD for one of my books. We also did that recently with our latest projects. I am so saddened that this beautiful woman who quickly became a friend is gone. Life is too cruel, but I'm glad she is not suffering any longer. Thank you for posting these updates. The Carmen I know will always be with me.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Buhn...Thank you for giving us the party yesterday. You were there with us all and we so appreciate it. You did a GREAT job along with your beautiful family. We laughed, cried, walked the beach, put our feet in the water and watched the birds. What a day you gave us. Thank you! I love you and will miss you so very much. ❤

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Dan Young said...

My condolences to you and your entire family. My friend Ken Emerson introduced me to Carmen in April 2009, when she was the music director at a church in my hometown of Watsonville. She, Ken and her brother Dennis played a tune, the Endless Summer. It was the best rendition I have ever heard: harp; slack key guitar; bongos. it was surreally beautiful.

Carmen hired me to play her church's Christmas service. I was surprised on the make up of the quartet: harp; violin; cello; and me...on flugelhorn! I was a bit concerned about what the sound would be be but, with me playing over Carmen's shoulder it was heavenly.

I will always remember her kindness and smiling face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home