CarmenNotes

Monday, July 30, 2007

An Amazing Week in Kauai

The fund raiser was fantastic. We sold out the Church of Pacific. Sueann Pinner performed on the first half, and I was featured on the second half. Brother Dennis played bongos with me, my wonderful Hawaiin friend, Donna did a hula, and a gospel singer named Jorge brought the house down! We had fun and made money too!
The following day the music camp began, and it was the biggest one so far. We had 30 kids signed up, but some of them were taking 2 or 3 classes. The most popular were: Vocal workshop, Tahitian drums,and keyboard. Dennis took a video, and it will be turned into a DVD to use for promo for the camp. We almost have our 501 C3, so this year the N. Shore School of Music can start grant-writing and fund raising. It's really exciting.
I extended my trip an extra 4 days, so I could have some down time with friends here, lunches, dinners, swimming etc. I decided not to go paddling, just because there's possible staff infections in the river, but besides that, all is good. Will be back in N. Calif. on Thurs, Aug. 3, and in the hospital Fri. for chemo #4. Aloha for now.Carmen
THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED TO MY CANCER FUND, BOUGHT CD'S, ETC.....!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Yeah Carm!! I am sooo glad it is all doing so well. I think I told you I bought a new kit for your health mushrooms. We were going to mail it to you but then I thought it might be a bit difficult for you to do it so I mailed it to Caela for her to get it going for you. Hope it all works out this time. Love you and yes, for sure "dinner in August". Make sure you give us some heads up on what day. Love you Buhn. xoxo Trisha

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Hi Carm.
Glad the fundraiser was so successful. It all sounds like it was fantastic, and so much fun. So happy you are enjoying your stay in Kauai. We will be in Maui Friday, August 3 for a much needed vacation. Hope to see you in August for dinner, and I hope you will be in the California area during the Beach House weekend in September. It would be great if you could come by and party with everyone. Miss you lots. Stay strong........Love you, Bonnie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home